The MSVU Art Gallery History & Mandate provides broad guidelines for the assessment of proposals. Please refer to the floorplan and gallery images for details about the exhibition spaces.
- Proposals can be mailed to MSVU Art Gallery or sent electronically to email@example.com
- A cover letter summarizing the proposal and situating its critical themes within the gallery’s mandate
- Exhibition proposal with clear and concise description of the proposed exhibition, including any special requirements (1 page max.)
- Documentation of proposed and supporting work on a disc or USB drive (see below)
- A numbered image list with artist’s name, title of work, medium, dimensions and date
- Professional CV for all personnel involved in the proposed project
- Other documentation such as exhibition catalogues and press coverage is helpful
- Enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope if you would like your proposal returned
- 10-15 files of work relevant to the proposal (including full installation views where applicable)
- Image files in .jpg format (72 dpi and 1024 x 768 pixels)
- Video files in .mp4 format
- Audio files in .wav or .mp3 format
- Each file should be numbered and titled to correspond with accompanying image list – files will be viewed in numerical sequence
Completed proposals should be addressed to the Director.
MSVU Art Gallery accepts and reviews exhibition proposals on an ongoing basis.
Please allow at least 12 weeks for a reply.
MSVU Art Gallery
- MSVU Art Gallery pays CARFAC artist fees
- Exhibitions vary in length, typically from 7 to 13 weeks
- Exhibitions are installed by our Techician