MSVU Art Gallery is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and is seeking an Event Coordinator to assist with planning celebration activities during the Fall of 2021. Reporting to the Art Gallery Director, the Event Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating virtual committee meetings, note-taking, budget tracking, seeking cost estimates, communicating with artists and service providers, and drafting public announcements.
About the Opportunity
This 17-week, part-time contract begins in late August, 2021. The wage for this position is $17.50/hour for 16 hours per week.
Key activities include:
- Working with committee members and service providers to meet the expectations of event participants and deliver a seamless anniversary celebration event.
- Collaborating with MSVU Art Gallery staff, committee members and with professional colleagues in various departments across MSVU.
- Developing a program of events and rallying cooperation to see them executed.
- Writing ideas, articulating program plans, drafting promotional text.
- Using Microsoft Office programs; facilitating video conferencing.
MSVU Art Gallery welcomes and prioritizes applicants from marginalized backgrounds including Indigenous people, Black Nova Scotians, racialized or persons of colour, 2SLGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities. The Gallery strives to be welcoming and understanding, and is committed to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusiveness, including ongoing learning about how we can minimize structural obstacles within our own organization and practices. All reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The ideal candidate will have a background in fine arts, art history, museums, communications, public relations, cultural studies or similar fields. Some post-secondary education is preferred but not required. Equivalent community experience (e.g. apprenticeship or work experience) will be considered.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume or CV to email@example.com by Sunday, August 15 at 4:00pm ADT.
Applications may be addressed to Laura Ritchie, MSVU Art Gallery Director.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.